The following information has been compiled to help those who are coordinating various SU events throughout the year.
The River Valleys Council publishes a Service Unit Event Guide on their website (go to Forms & Resources -> Activity Planning & Approval).
Please complete and return to Kimberly Rowland.
- Event Summary Reportpage 46
- Event Coordinator’s Evaluation Form pages 47 and 48
- Finance Report page 49
- First Aid Report (if needed) page 43
- Any other stuff that would help us plan the same event next year.
- Non-member insurance is needed if any person that is going to be at the event and is not a Girl Scout.
- A form needs to be at the Girl Scout Council at least one week prior to the first day of the event.
- A Girl Scout troop or service unit check made payable to United of Omaha needs to accompany the form. Personal checks are not accepted.
- All money handled for an event is done through the Service Unit Checkbook-NOT a troop checkbook.
- The money you collect from troops for the event is your budget for the event.
- There is a budget sheet to help you to decide what to charge troops in the Service Unit Event Guide-page 42-Service Unit Event Budget Worksheet.
- All events will make a service unit patch through Advantage Emblem, Inc. in Duluth.
- Instructions for how to do this can be found here: How To Order SU Event Patches.
- Events should be opened and closed with a flag ceremony.
- Kimberly Rowland can give you more details about obtaining our SU flags for your event.
- For details visit How to lead a flag ceremony